10 tips to get you off to a good start with your newborn
Now that you've had your baby, here are 10 tips for keeping you both happy and healthy!
10 Tips for a Good Start with your Newborn
1. The Golden Rule: sleep when your baby sleeps. Hormones, excitement, and visits can keep you awake, but it’s important to manage your energy level. Getting enough rest is what will keep you sane!
Redeem your Free Newborn Sample Box here!
2. Keep your little snoozer awake during feeding time. You want to make sure she eats enough. You can undress her down to the diaper, tickle her ear, talk to her, or play music.
3. Bond with your bundle of joy. Holding her skin-to-skin, massaging her, playing with her, and telling her stories are easy ways to strengthen the bond with your newborn.
4. Set a nightly routine. Give your baby a warm bath, feed her, change her into her pajamas, sing to her, or play a lullaby. Trust us, it’s never too early to establish a routine!
5. Figure out what helps her fall asleep. Whether it’s swaddling, cuddling, listening to a special song, or rubbing noses, your baby will let you know what she likes best.
6. Give Daddy some time to bond with baby too. Added bonus? You’ll have the chance to indulge in some solo relaxation.
7. Feeling down? Get dressed, leave the house, and pamper yourself! Some fresh air and light physical activity – like walking or jogging – will do wonders for your mood.
8. Need help? Don’t hesitate to reach out to family, friends, nurses, doctors, lactation consultants, etc. No one can do it alone, so be sure to ask for help when you need it.
9. Pace yourself. We know how happy and proud you are to show this cute button nose to the world. But it can add up and leave you feeling exhausted. Limit visitors in the first few days and don’t hesitate to reschedule time with friends. They’ll understand!
10. Watch and listen closely. Get to know your little angel: learn to read her facial expressions, sounds, and cries. She’ll tell you what she needs.
In need of some nice goodies for the start with your newborn? Take a peek at our free Newborn Sample Box!