10 tips on throwing an epic first birthday party
First smile, first time rolling over, first tooth, first time sleeping through the night (yea!) and maybe even first steps – it’s been an unforgettable year.
- Prep in advance. Make a guest list, send out invites, and choose age-appropriate food and games.
- Make it about her. Celebrate the things your baby loves. Create a custom party theme based on her favorite book, toy, or TV show. That surely will make her smile too!
- Pick a time that works with the birthday boy or girl’s nap schedule. You want to make sure she’s well-rested enough to enjoy her first birthday party. Bonus points if you can rest beforehand too.
- Charge your phones and camera. You can also assign a photographer for the event so you can be fully present for playtime – and in the photos with your baby!
- Small cakes for small hands. Cupcakes are more manageable for babies. And if you have the time, you can get a big cake for the adults.
- Bibs for the babes! Isn’t she cute all dressed up in her birthday finest? Have her and her friends ready for the potential mess of a birthday cake!
- It’s ok to be a little selfish. Consider putting the food out in a self-serve spread so that you can enjoy the party and spend time with your baby. It’s your party too!
- Give your baby some downtime. With all the attention, the star of the day may need to retreat for a bit. If you know your baby won’t be able to rest during the party, keep it short and sweet to avoid over-stimulation and breakdowns.
- Be part of the fun. Get ready to play with the kids. At this age, kids don’t play with each other; they need a little help from adults. What about a group chicken dance?
- Last but not least, enjoy the moment! The first birthday is a huge milestone. Take a moment to celebrate how far you’ve come. Happy birthday!
And now it’s time to celebrate! Redeem your free Newborn Sample Box here!